The Wieliczka Salt Mines – over 700 years old – is one of the best known tourist attractions in the world. This unique monument of culture located only 10 kilometres outside of Cracow was created by many generations of Polish miners. Its beautiful and remarkable underground landscape, full of salt lakes, chambers and salt sculptures amazes everyone who visits this UNESCO World Heritage Site. Have a look at the official website of the mine here.
How to visit?
Our driver will pick you up at your chosen time and at the location you want (you hotel, apartment, etc.) During the whole tour he will take care of you and help your travel easy and comfortable. The drive to the Salt Mines takes about 30 minutes, and the mine can only be visited with a tour guide in an organized group or on a private guided tour. Our company always is ready to help you ordering tickets or guides (see ticket prices in the red box below).
Advised time to visit
We recommend morning tours (start at the mines at 10.00). Pick-up time in Cracow at 9.15. Opening hours at the mine:
- 1st April – 31st October: 07.30-19.30
- 2nd November – 31st March: 08.00-17.00
- Reduced opening hours: Saturday in Easter the mine closes at 14.30 and 31st December it closes at 14.00 (normal opening hours).
Option 1 – private tour
Car and driver at your disposal only! You and your party travel alone, is picked up where you want and travel when you want. A custom made tour.
Option 2 – The salt mines and Auschwitz combined (private tour)
Combined on the same day! (15% discount!). This is a private tour (same as above) combined with Auschwitz-Birkenau. An early start is required to make the most out of the day.
Included in the price
- Pick-up at the location of your choice
- Travel convenience and security
- Tour transportation in both directions
- Individual rides (the whole vehicle is at your disposal)
- All transport costs included (fuel, parking fees, etc.)
- We’re always ready to help you in a need!
Not included in the price
- Guided tour at the salt mines (costs 22€ / 89PLN per person)
- Guided tours at Auschwitz (costs 13€ / 50PLN per person)
- Food and drinks during the tour